The charge is expected to last two years and will start from the next General Assembly of the European Geosciences Union (EGU), 2013. EGU, the European Geociencies Union, is the union of Europe's leading experts in geosciences. It is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the geosciences and the planetary and space sciences for the benefit of humanity. It was created in September 2002 as a merger of the European Geophysical Society (EGS) and the European Union of Geosciences (EUG). Headquartered in Munich, Germany.
- Participation of the Ninth Plenary Session Group on Earth Observations (GEO-IX)
GRUMETS have participated in the GEO-IX Plenary held in Brazil on 21 and 23 November and in the European Commission Side Event with the paper Advances in disclosing GEOSS data quality.
- Participation in the American Geophysical Union's 45th Annual Fall Meeting (AGU)
Between 3 and 7 December 2012 conference will be held in San Francisco AGU 2012. Grumetes Members participate by presenting a poster.
An application of FP-7 project GEO-PICTURES where GRUMETS collaborated won a prize GMES Masters.
- Participation in the XV National Congress of Geographic Information Technologies
During the 20th and 21 September was held in Madrid the XV Congreso Nacional Tecnologías de la Información Geográfica, which this year has the theme "The Geographic Information Technologies in the context of global change." Like every year, GRUMETS and MiraMon were very active.
- Participation in EUGISES 2012 Congress
MiraMon and GRUMETS members participate with two papers in the EUGISES 2012 Congress, from 6 to 9 September 2012 in Leuven, Belgium
GRUMETS Participation in IGARSS 2012
GRUMETS participate in the IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium - IGARSS2012, from 22 to 27 July 2012 in Munich, Gernany. GeoViQua-FP7, EGIDA-FP7 and the MiraMon project, have a shared booth.
- GRUMETS Participation in the European Geosciences Union General Assembly (EGU) 2012
GRUMETS participate with the presentation of two posters at the EGU General Assembly. This is the largest and most prominent event at European level in geosciences and attracts more than 11,000 scientists from around the world. The meeting sessions covering a wide range of topics including volcanology, planetary exploration, the internal structure of the Earth and the atmosphere, climate and energy and resources. The meeting will be held from 22 to 27 April in Vienna, Austria.
Last Friday SatCat, the Catalonia Satellite Image Server was presented, prepared by GRUMETS. This is a historic bank in Catalonia images taken by the Landsat satellites between 1972 and today. The information in the server is public and allow progress in the research and study of changes in our territory. Informative video
GRUMETS have received the grant of a new 3-year project within the call "applet Basic Research Projects unoriented. Thematic area management: atmosphere, climate and climate change (CGL-CLI)" of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Mineco). The new project, DinaCliVe (spatio-temporal analysis of land cover and vegetation stress in the Iberian P. light of half a century (1975-2025) of climate dynamics and suspension anomalies) - CGL2012-33927, proposes analyze the dynamics of land use and cover and vegetation stress, with particular emphasis on drought, and explore the role that climate change may have played in these phenomena.
Will participate in the project GRUMETS members, besides Dr. Martha Anderson (research physical scientist at the Department of Agriculture (USDA)) and Dr. Christopher Hain (research associate at the Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center NOAA-NESDIS of the University of Maryland (USA)).
GRUMETS and the Departament de Geografia de la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, seeks candidate interested in applying for a Post-Doctoral Contract program "Beatriu de Pinós" of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- GRUMETS participates in the development of the GEOSS Tutorials
In the GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot (AIP), of Group on Earth Observations (GEO), some tutorials have been elaborated on how to publish data in GEOSS in the context of the AIP-4 and with the help pf the Standards and Interoperability Forum (SIF), which are distributed with demostration videos. GRUMETS has participated in the elaboration of the tutorials about Web Coverage Service (WCS) and Web Feature Service (WFS) and in the elaboration of the corresponding video.
- TIGSANA new project
In the last 2011 Programa de Cooperación Interuniversitaria e Investigación Científica call of the Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AECID), GRUMETS got a grant for the preparatory action Capacitación e investigación en Tecnologías de la Información Geográfica destinadas a Mejor la Sostenibilidad de las Actividades Agropecuarias y la conservacion de los recursos Naturales en área subtropicales de Argentina (TIGSANA),to be developed in collaboration with the Universidatd de Buenos Aires and the Nacional del Nordeste of Argentina. The Preparatory Action will run throughout 2012 and aims to prepare the application for the integrated action call 2012.
- Learning on Landsat images treatment
- GRUMETS will give the course on 'Landsat images treatment' next 19th September, under pre-conference activities of the XIV Congress of the Spanish Association of Remote Sensing, to be held in Mieres between 21 and 23 September 2011.
- Postdoctoral - TD & SIG - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona - 2011-2012
- The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is seeking a Candidate for a contract of 34 months. The person selected will work in the research group of the UAB "Group Methods and Applications in Remote Sensing and GIS" (GRUMETS) and assist in the implementation of the project GeoViQua (Quality Aware Visualization for the Global Earth Observation System of Systems), funded mainly by the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission in order to establish, search and display parameters geospatial data quality and integrated services in the GEOS (Global Earth Observation System of Systems) through various environmental pilot case studies (quality air, carbon cycle, land use, climate, remote sensing data string, etc..)
- GRUMETS in the Semana Geomática Internacional and Salón GlobalGeo
- Some members of GRUMETS participate in the next International Geomatic Week, to be held in Barcelona between 15 and 17 March 2011 and participated with a booth in the lounge GlobalGeo parallel.
GRUMETS members of CREAF leading a project to ensure the reliability of global environmental data. The project aims to make a correct estimate of the quality, uncertainty and reliability of environmental data from around the world and make a useful search engine dissemination and data displays. The initiative includes the participation of 10 members - among them the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (with the participation of GRUMETS), two English universities, research centers, French, Italian and German, a Dutch company and the European Space Agency.